Thursday, October 8, 2009


Hello Everybody,

I have created this blog to let you all know how things are going with the house. I haven't attached the plans again.

The picture is of the actual block, as its name suggests, looking up from the bottom of the block. The house you can see is the furthest corner and it then comes across to the right where the shadow and tree sort of meet the edge. (you can just see a light pole here). But if you compare the plans to the picture you can see kind of where it all lines up, they call it an AXE block from the shape!

At the moment we are waiting for the plans to be approved by council before we can start building. It’s getting so exciting, I can hardly wait to start building!! J

When the plans come back we have to go see the bank to get the full mortgage approved, once they have it independently valued. We are also applying for the “First Home Owners Grant” which is another $24,000, from State and Federal governments. Unfortunately we don’t get any money from them until we are at “base” which makes things very tight for awhile. Base is when we are at the floor level with the brick veneer, which doesn't include the actual floor but might include the "Dura-Gal” flooring support system I think. But does include all the concrete for the footings. I didn’t realise how expensive concrete is!

Anyway that’s pretty much it for now. Please let us know your plans for visiting, we can roster you on to do something!! (we will need the interior designing, the garden needs planning and our finances needs a boost – I think there’s a job for everyone J )

No comments:

Post a Comment